Do you have what it takes to work for Food For Mzansi, officially Africa’s best digital news start-up? We unashamedly salute the unsung heroes of agriculture. We love South Africa. We don’t do drama or corporate hogwash. We don’t fuss about stuff, although we do believe that attention to detail is key when it comes to business. We love winning. We love creating great content and exploring digital opportunities. We do heart-centered journalism.
We have an opportunity for a 6 month internship in our sales department for a person with an appetite for building new business in the digital space. We offer a competitive base salary with monthly uncapped commissions. Additionally, you will be taught cutting edge sales skills, negotiating tactics, closing techniques and a mastery of sales.
Our advertising product suite allows businesses to achieve their marketing objectives by designing custom campaigns that deliver the highest-value and return on their investment. We are looking for a person with diverse backgrounds of media, experience selling both traditional and digital advertising and who understand how to review market research data and develop proposals and recommendations for clients wanting to use our platforms to reach prospective clients.
As a new business development intern, your primary mission is to focus on developing new customers. In this business-to-business sales role, you will be responsible for generating your own leads but also have internal support from our editorial team. In this consultative sales role you will drive the relationship and sale from start to finish. You will identify opportunities, present to decision makers and close new business.
- Generate and identify new sales opportunities using multiple outbound channels and strategies and assist the Founders with sales meetings.
- Develop a deep understanding of prospects objectives and challenges and deliver solutions against these elements.
- Conduct a consistently high volume of client facing demonstrations or discovery meetings with fully qualified prospects with a minimum of 6 new business appointments per week.
- Build and manage an active pipeline through the sales cycle to deal close.
- Internally partner with management, editorial, sales operations and delivery teams to collaborate and drive business.
- Deliver against monthly sales targets and pipeline commitments.
- Track all your activity in our CRM and related tools.
- Continually develop your digital industry knowledge.
A diploma or degree in sales and marketing would strengthen your application, with a minimum of matric required for the position.
Skills and experience
- Any experience in a target-driven new business sales role – meeting and exceeding sales quota in a team-based environment.
- Experience selling online digital advertising technologies will be highly advantageous.
- Understands competitive selling against broadcast, audio, or niche ad tech platforms.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong phone sales, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have some experience in a successful media consulting role.
- History of achieving annual revenue targets.
- Working knowledge of platforms such as Salesforce, Narrittive, Programmatic platforms will be highly advantageous, but is not a minimum required.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
Extra awesome stuff we like to see:
You are motivated and driven. You like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humour, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet! Sound like you? Apply now.
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Sunday, 26 July 2020.
- Non-negotiable: a valid code 8 driver’s license with own, reliable transport. The preferred candidate can easily get to and from Food For Mzansi’s office in Paarl in the Western Cape.
- Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by Friday, 31 July 2020.
- The successful candidate will start 6-month contract on 1 August 2020.
- Food For Mzansi reserves the right to not fill this position.