Want to take your succulent, home-made burgers to the top? Try this homemade burger bun recipe by Cape Town-born chef Craig Jacobs (28).
Soft with a hint of sweetness and golden-yellow, Jacobs’ simple buns are perfect for any veggie or meaty burger.
40g castor sugar
340g warm milk (not hot)
- Preheat oven to 180˚ Celsius.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Heat up milk and melt butter in the milk, then add water to the milk mix.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and knead.
- Let the dough prove for an hour until it doubles in size.
- Knock back the dough and shape into buns then egg wash (brush with beaten egg) with basting brush and dip into sesame seeds.
- Prove for one hour until it doubles in size.
- Bake for 20-25mins on 180˚C. Enjoy!