Piccalilli is yellow relish of pickled veggies and spices and is a must for buffet tables, plates of cooked ham and cold beef. It is easy to make and can be stored in sealed jars for several months.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (cleaned florets)
- 10g turmeric
- 600g cocktail onions (drained)
- 500g cocktail gherkins (drained)
- 750ml brown malt vinegar
- 1.25l water
- 30g corn flour
- 350g sugar
- Clean your cauliflower heads to have bite sized florets.
- In a large pot, add water, vinegar, turmeric, sugar and bring to a simmer dissolving the sugar.
- Add cauliflower, gherkins, onions and bring to a simmer.
- Make a slurry by mixing one-part corn flour with three parts cold water and add to the mix.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Bottle in a sterilized jar and keep for up to 6 months.