This young foodie is also an avid cyclist who’s completed the Absa Cape Epic and the Imana Wild Ride. Zitha will be bagging a culinary qualification in the near future and he plans on opening his own Italian restaurant one day. Showing off his kitchen skills, Zitha’s prepared a delicious lamb potjie recipe.
- 1kg lamb (on the bone),
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 chunky potatoes,
- 2 carrots
- 350g baby marrows and green beans
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic
- Black pepper
- 400 grams of whole canned tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cover the base of the pot with oil and heat the oil.
- Add the onions to the pot when the oil is heated. Sauté the onions until brown.
- For flavour, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and let them cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for approximately 2 hours on low heat. Enjoy with rice!