- 3kg T-bone steak
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80ml Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 50g rocket
- 800g red onion cut into thick rounds
- 10ml sherry vinegar
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200g masala butter
- 1kg chips (bake as a side dish)
- Marinate the steak in the 80ml olive oil & Worcestershire sauce.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper and cook to the desired degree over a hot grill or coals.
- Remove the steak from the heat and leave it to rest. While the steak is resting put a large blob of masala butter on top of the steak.
- Grill the red onion rounds until soft and charred, season with salt and pepper and then dress with the 20ml olive oil and vinegar and mix together with the rocket.
- Serve the salad alongside the rested steak with potato chips.
- 200g unsalted butter
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 10g coriander
- 10g basil
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg yolk
- Fry the finely chopped onion & garlic in a little olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the curry powder and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Place the onion mix with the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend to a rough paste.
- Add the butter and blend till evenly mix. Season to taste.