Gauteng foodie Mangale Mofokeng’s combo is the juggernaut of combos if you are looking for a quick and healthy side. You can’t have your seven colours without the goodness of spinach!
Spinach is jampacked with nutritional goodies like fibre and vitamins A through to K, and we know that pap is Mzansi’s favourite staple.
Maize meal pap not only fills our bellies but it unites Mzansi’s melting pot of cultures. The great thing is that the pap can be enjoyed alone with no relish or meat. Enjoy this spinach and pap recipe by Mofokeng, who is also the owner of Mangale Homemade, a catering business in Johannesburg.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 – 2 bunches spinach, washed and cut
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp Aromat
- Butter (the more the better)
1. Boil potatoes until almost done.
2. Add onions, spinach, and curry powder.
3. Cook until the potatoes are fully cooked.
4. Add Aromat (as much as you like).
5. Then add butter and mix well.
6. Serve with pap.