Salmon is just undeniably one of those excellent sources of protein, professes Nina Timm, editor of the online phenomenon, My Easy Cooking.
If you are looking for a lip-smacking recipe for the braai this weekend, why not make the World Gourmand-winning cookbook author’s “Best BBQ Salmon” recipe?
Timm admits that it took a some trial and error to perfect the recipe. Now it is utterly delicious, simple, and do-able for any Tom, Dick or Harry around the braai.
If you like grilled fish, like snoek or cob, you will love this one more. It is packed with so much flavour and salmon is so good for you.
Serves 4 – 6
1 x 1,2 kg half salmon fillet
100 g salted butter
5 ml salt
10 ml (1 t) Sichuan pepper or normal pepper
5 ml smoked chili flakes
2 ml (½ t) coriander seeds – lightly crushed
2 ml (½ t) cumin seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
- Prepare you fire or kettle braai and allow the coals to cool down to medium. Salmon needs a gentle heat. I spray the grid with Spray n Cook, just to be sure it does not stick to the grid.
- Season the salmon on both sides with the salt and lay on the grid.
- Melt the butter in a small pot and add all the other ingredients to the melted butter.
- Use the butter mix to baste the salmon while cooking.
- Serve with pap, mealies braaied on the fire and marogo and ENJOY!