In only a few easy steps you will sink your teeth into this juicy, crispy chicken dish using only simple ingredients you’re likely to have in the cupboard and fridge: chicken, buttermilk, flour, oil and a few spices.
Home cook Basetsana Duiker shares her recipe for the crispiest coated buttermilk chicken that will leave you begging for more.
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp burger sauce
Pinch of salt
1 cup flour
½ tbsp six-gun grill spice
1 tsp peri-peri
1 tsp baking powder
1 whole chicken fillet
1. Cut chicken fillet into strips.
2. Mix together buttermilk, burger sauce and pinch of salt.
3. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and mix everything. Cover and keep refrigerated for 15 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl add flour, six-gun, peri-peri and baking powder.
5. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
6. Fry for 1 min on each side.
7. Sprinkle with peri-peri before serving.
8. Serve with dipping sauces of your choice. Enjoy!