The South African peppermint crisp tart oozes nostalgia with every bite. It most likely jostles with malva pudding and lekker melktert (milk tart) as an all-time favourite Mzansi delicacy. Foodie and self-published cookbook author of Treet Yourself, Reezwanah Seedat, shares her secrets for the freshest peppermint crisp tart you’ll ever taste…
- 2 packets of tennis biscuits
- 1 tin caramel treat
- 1 tin fresh cream
- 1 slab of Aero mint chocolate
1. In a bowl, beat the cream and the caramel treat until smooth.
2. Layer biscuits into dessert cups and spread caramel cream mixture.
3. Continue alternating with biscuits and caramel.
4. End with a biscuit layer.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Decorate with caramel, cream, chocolate and enjoy!
PRO TIP: You can add pecan nuts and mint chocolate in between layers.
I layered in dessert cups, alternating with the crushed biscuits, caramel mixture and mint chocolate.