When you try this brownie recipe there is no turning back, says South African culinary legend Marinda Engelbrecht.
Engelbrecht credits her sister for the recipe, which is just what you need to comfort the wintery blues.
Make a batch of the beste chocolatey fudgy brownie.
250g dark chocolate
10ml vanilla essence
5 large eggs
90ml cocoa powder
180ml cake flour
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave oven.
2. Mix in the sugar and vanilla with the melted butter and chocolate.
3. Mix the eggs into the mixture one by one.
4. Sieve the flour, cocoa and salt into the mixture and mix it well.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased oven dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 180°C. It must be jelly-like when it is taken out of the oven.
6. Let it cool down and cut into blocks.
7. Enjoy with cream or ice cream.
Pro tip: Engelbrecht heats the brownies before she serves them.