Looking for a knockout sandwich to make this weekend? Chef and food entrepreneur, Tapiwa Munyawiri (32) has just the mammoth of a sandwich recipe for you!
Make his epic sandwich filled with all the meaty goodness you deserve at the end of a long week.
50ml olive oil
100g Six Gun spice
Bread roll of your choice.
100g red cabbage
2 slices of gouda cheese
100g beef stew strips.
4 rashers of bacon
4 tomato slices
70g mixed frozen veggies
3 large eggs
30ml fresh cream
100g grated cheddar cheese.
Garnish of your choice.
Prep and assemble Time: 20 min
- In a hot pan with 10ml oil, add your six guns spice.
- Immediately add the frozen veggies, fry for 2 min and empty into a small, clean container.
- Put the pan back on the stove at medium heat, add 20ml oil, a generous amount of Six Gun spice and satay the beef strips for 3 min.
- In the meantime, chop your ted cabbage to a desired size. In another clean bowl add some spices again, add your chopped cabbage, add mayonnaise and mix well. Put in the fridge to cool to make coleslaw (add a generous amount of finely chopped onions).
- Take off the beef strips and set aside to rest. Add the remaining oil to the hot pan to make an omelette.
- Whisk the eggs and fresh cream, add some fresh spice (or Six Guns spice if you desire). Top your omelette with the cooked vegetables and grated cheese.
- Cut your bread roll into 2, add the coleslaw to the roll and spread well.
- Add your sliced gouda and tomato slices.
- Add your omelette on top, add the beef strips, then add the grated cheese again.
- Quickly cook your bacon and layer it while still hot to melt the cheese.
- You can serve the sandwich with freshly made home fries or normal crisp chips. Or on its own. ENJOY!