Wracking your head over what to make next? Beat the culinary boredom by adding a dash of tropical flavouring and excitement to your menu with executive chef Tharwat Londt’s pineapple chicken sweet chilli wrap recipe.
Just the right blend of sweetness and a flavourful kick of chilli, this wrap promises to be a hit on your dinner table. Londt is the executive chef at The Park Inn by Radisson in Newlands, Cape Town.
500g crumbed chicken nuggets (or you can use plain grilled chicken fillets)
300g pineapple, chopped
200g red cabbage, thinly sliced
100ml sweet chilli sauce
Handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 tomato, diced
¼ cucumber, diced, seeds removed
¼ small red onion, diced
4 tortilla wraps
Oil for frying
- Deep–fry the chicken nuggets in hot oil until golden brown and tender or grill the chicken fillets at 180 °C for 12 minutes and slice.
- Combine tomato, onion and cucumber and set aside.
- Combine sweet chilli, coriander and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Place the tortillas into a hot dry frying pan one by one to just get some colour and remove.
- Now spread a liberal amount of sweet chilli mayo on the tortillas followed by the cabbage, pineapple and chicken and add a bit more sweet chilli mayo. Then sprinkle some tomato salsa.
- Season to taste and close the wrap.
- Bon appetite!