No, you do not need a Teppanyaki grill to whip up a bowl of Maruwaan Christians’ savoury Japanese fried rice.
Make Christians’ yakimeshi, a rice dish traditionally made using leftover veggies, meats and seafood.
If you have leftover rice on hand and are craving something exotic, try Christians’ recipe for Japanese fried rice.
Itadakimasu! (Let’s eat)
500g chopped prawn meat
1kg cooked sushi rice
50g diced carrot
20g chopped spring onion
10g chopped chives
20g chopped red onion
10g crushed garlic
20ml olive oil
120ml soya sauce green
- Coat wok with olive oil and place over low heat. Add spring onion and onions to braise.
- Once lightly browned, add crushed garlic and prawns. Stir to mix in flavours.
- Add 7-spice and salt. Stir for 5 mins while still on a medium heat.
- Add rice and mix well until most of the grains received flavour from previous mixture.
- Add soya sauce and mix well until most grains are brown in colour or received a touch of colour.
- Put mixture in a serving bowl and add carrot. Mix well.
- Garnish with chives and avocado. ENJOY!