Future farmers of Mzansi, here’s your chance to apply for one of 250 paid internships to jumpstart your career!
The closing date is 26 February 2021, so make sure you use the time wisely and apply as soon as possible.
The department of agriculture, land reform and rural development (DALRRD) presents exciting opportunities for unemployed graduates between the ages of 18 and 35 through its experiential training and internship programme.
Successful applicants will be appointed as interns for 24 months and will undergo on-the-job development training in technical, professional, public service, business and life skills relevant and crucial for them to enter the formal job market. If successful, you will earn a monthly stipend of R6 083,70, depending on your qualifications.
Prospective interns can apply in one of two categories:
- Unemployed graduates/job seekers: This category is for qualified unemployed graduates in fields of study required by the department of agriculture, land reform and rural development. Scroll down for the list below.
- Experiential training: This is for students currently registered for relevant undergraduate study programmes, and who are required to do experiential training as a requirement to graduate. Applicants must have a referral letter from the institution of higher learning.
Fields of study
- Soil science
- Animal science
- Animal health
- Animal production/science
- LLB/BA Law
- Administration or public administration
- Development studies
- Natural science
- Agricultural economics
- Public management
- Business management
- Fraud, audit, law, compliance
- Office technology
- Graphic design
- Agribusiness management
- Social science
- Rural development
- Human resource management
- Records management
- Information technology
- Communication/media studies
- Information management
- Social work
- Employee wellness
- Library science
- Electronic engineering
- Geographic information systems
- Plant production
- Farm management
- Surveying, cartography
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Civil engineering
- Youth development
- Real estate
- Management of cooperatives
- Built environment
- Quantity surveying
- Environmental sciences
- Natural science
- Animal nutrition (specialising in poultry)
- Food science/technology
- Supply chain management
- Business management
- Project management
- Environmental planning
- Logistics and demand management
- Analytical chemistry
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form obtainable from any public service department, including the police station. You can also download it here. Once you have completed the form, you must also attach your recently updated CV, certified copies of all qualifications, your ID document and academic transcripts.
Important: you will have to add the correct reference number applicable to your qualification. Click here to view this, or to see the major subjects required for specific internships in specific departments.
Once this is done, forward your application form quoting the relevant reference number to the relevant office for the attention of Lexcy Manamela, director of employee utilisation and development.
Postal applications: Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001
Hand deliveries: 184 Jeff Masemola Street, Pretoria
Postal applications: P.O Box 1958, East London, 5200
Hand deliveries: Ocean Terrace, Moore Street, Quigney Block H, East London
Postal applications: P.O Box 9132, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
Hand deliveries: 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg
Postal applications: Private Bag X 74, Mahikeng, 2745
Hand deliveries: Cnr James moroka and Sekame Drive, West Gallery, Mega City, Mmabatho
Postal applications: Private Bag X9312, Polokwane, 0700
Hand deliveries: 61 Biccard Street, Polokwane
Postal applications: Private Bag X11305, Nelspruit,1200
Hand deliveries: 17 Van Rensburg Street, Bateluer Building Block E, 7th Floor, Nelspruit
Postal applications: Private Bag X10, Mowbray, 7710
Hand deliveries: 14 Long Street, Cape Town
Postal applications: Private Bag X5007, Kimberley, 8300
Hand deliveries: Cnr Knight and Stead street, New Public Building, Court Building 6th Floor, Kimberley
Postal applications: Private Bag X20803, Bloemfontein, 9300
Hand deliveries: 136 SA Eagle Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein
Please also take note of the following:
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
- Please submit a separate Z83 form for every reference number.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Still got questions?
- Ms Nombulelo Ngcobo 012 312 8321
- Mr Mziwakhe Gwiji 012 312 9839
- Mr P. Maesela: 012 319 7198
- Ms N. Magabela: 012 319 7889
If you do not hear from the department of agriculture, land reform and rural development within three months after the closing date you should consider your application as having been unsuccessful.