Raise your hands if you love brownies? Jump for the stars if you love Oreos!
Cookie and brownie lovers are in for a treat this week, as Shaistah Khan (33) goes rogue in the kitchen with a recipe that merges the two chocolate faves into decadent Oreo brownies!
Deliciously thick and fudgy, and loaded with the childhood cookie of choice, serve Khan’s Oreo brownie with a healthy helping of vanilla ice cream!
¾ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup cocoa
¾ castor sugar
¾ cups butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
12 Oreos, crushed roughly
100g chocolate chips
2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare 9 x 9 baking pan with spray and cook, then line with baking paper.
- In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa, and salt. Leave aside until needed.
- In a pot, melt butter and 1/3 of sugar. Mix until dissolved. Set aside and cool.
- In another bowl, crack eggs and whisk with vanilla and oil. Add butter mixture to egg mixture fast so it does not scramble. Add in the remaining caster sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix lightly with a wooden spoon. Add half crushed Oreos and chocolate chips, give a gentle mix.
- Pour batter into baking tray and press remaining Oreos on top. Bake until crispy on the edges and glossy on top.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
Chef tip: Wait at least 1 hour before slicing. You want brownies to be gooey, so please do not over bake!