When you buy a good rack of lamb, the sky is the limit when it comes to preparing it. Almost any path you take, will turn it into a flavour-packed, succulent piece of heavenly meat.
Now imagine following the recipe of a professional chef! If you are one of Mzansi’s many lamb lovers, congrats, because you have found this hearty recipe for grilled lamb and veggies by Gauteng chef Thuso Ntokwe. You are bound to love it.
Coming with a good helping of veggies (because we can’t live on meat only, even if we want to), these baked lamb chops will be on the table surprisingly quickly.
So why wait? Make chef Thuso Ntokwe’s grilled lamb rack, served with garlic-and-parsley baby potatoes and accompanied by roasted vegetables and mint sauce.
200g lamb chops
5g paprika spice
Pinch of salt
5g steak and chop spice
5 BBQ spice
200g mixed vegetables
150g baby potatoes
10g fresh mint
20ml olive oil
- Rub the lamb with olive oil and spices. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
- Pan-fry the lamb rack in a hot pan until it reaches the desired degree of doneness.
- In a baking dish, season vegetables with oil, salt and paprika. Roast at 180 degrees for 2 hours or until tender. Set aside.
- Boil the baby potatoes until cooked. Remove and set in a pan, then glaze with butter, garlic and parsley.
- Plate the lamb, vegetables and potatoes, then drizzle with a mint sauce. Enjoy!
Get the Mzansi Flavour newsletter: A weekly serving of craveable recipes and handy lifestyle tips