Surely the sight of those overripe bananas on the corner of your kitchen counter have got you down. Don’t know what to do with them either?
Home cook and Instagrammer Mahlodi Masipa (25) to the rescue, as she shares a basic and very forgiving recipe that takes all of ten minutes to whisk together.
Using seven ingredients and a little patience it will have you snacking on a warm slice of fresh-baked banana bread in no time.
3 overripe bananas
2 egg s
1/4 cups of butter
3/4 cups of sugar
1 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs (1 at a time) into the creamed
- Mash bananas using a fork then mix well into creamed
- Combine the wet and dry
- Transfer to greased bread pan and bake at 180 degrees for 60 mins.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!