Today you can tune into a global virtual discussion that seeks to safeguard global food security, improve consumer health and conserve the planet.
Also, check out an invaluable opportunity by the Institute for Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies (PLAAS) that aims to provide bursaries to postgraduate learners studying towards a career in agriculture.
Lastly, a visit by deputy minister of environment, forestry and fisheries, Makhotso Sotyu, to Coffee Bay in the Eastern Cape. Sotyu will hand over 150 eco furniture school desks, embark on the Good Green Deeds clean-up and hand over the R27 million multipurpose Buy Back Centre.
Join thousands to shape the future of food
Be part of the second conversation that seeks to safeguard global food security, improve consumer health and conserve the planet by attending the 2020 Reuters Events Food Chain Connect.
The five hours-long international session hosted by Reuters starts at 16:30 this afternoon. It will include passionate industry leaders who will debate responsible solutions needed to deliver a better global food system.
- How Campbell’s is balancing supply and demand in uncertain times.
- Adapting to the new normal in grocery retail.
- The digital transformation of the food value chain.
- Connecting the data dots in a sustainable food supply chain.
- The importance of digitisation in the agriculture and food industry.
- Digitally transforming agriculture and food supply chains: Emerald Grain’s journey with Eka.
- The rising impact of technology on food production.
- The growing impact of technology across the food value chain – live Q&A.
- How the pandemic is accelerating technology interest and adoption for food companies.
- Where’s the money needed to improve efficiencies and profits in the food industry? And where’s it actually going?
- Harnessing the power of data to understand customer preferences and experiences.
- How changes in food preferences and consumer expectations are bringing new challenges and opportunities through the entire food chain.
Sign up for a free pass here: Reuters Events Food Chain Connect 2020.
An invaluable learning opportunity
Are you looking to do doing a postgraduate diploma in poverty, land and agrarian studies? Well, look no further.
The Institute for Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies (PLAAS) at the University of the Western Cape is offering you a unique and invaluable opportunity. It is the only programme in the land and agrarian studies field offered at a South African University and accredited at NQF level 8.
The course is designed for passionate and committed working professionals such as policymakers, planners, managers and fieldworkers. It will benefit those working in government departments, local government bodies, NGOs, private sector companies and consultancies.
Deputy minister Sotyu visits Eastern Cape
If you happen to be in the Coffee Bay area in the Eastern Cape this morning please join the deputy minister of environment, forestry and fisheries, Makhotso Sotyu who will hand over a R27 million multipurpose Buy Back Centre as well as eco furniture school desks to Coffee Bay Senior Primary School, in Coffee Bay.
The construction and subsequent handover of the multipurpose Buy Back Centre forms part of the department’s waste management support to the King Sabata Dalindyebo Local Municipality in the provision of infrastructure required for recycling, storage, and collection of general domestic waste.
The deputy minister will start her visit by handing over 150 eco furniture school desks to Coffee Bay Junior Primary School this morning. She will also embark on the Good Green Deeds clean-up campaign in the area from 09:30 to 10:00.
Part three of her visit entails handing over of the R27 million multipurpose Buy Back Centre at the Kujonga area in Coffee Bay from 10:30 to 11:30.
If you are interested to attend you can RSVP by contacting Lebohang Mokhele on cell: 083 703 7609 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have an upcoming event that should be on Food For Mzansi’s watchlist? Drop us an email to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to include it in this weekday feature.