Tickle your taste buds with chef Zacharia Maseko’s creamy Thai chicken and prawn curry.
You may not be able to travel amid the global pandemic, but Maseko’s flavourful, aromatic, rich, creamy, and spicy recipe will have you dreaming you are in Southeast Asia.
This winter meal is sure to hit the spot leaving you begging for more spoonfuls.
1.2kg chicken breast fillet
600g queen prawns, cleaned and deshelled
60ml olive oil
2 large onions peeled and diced
20g garlic crushed
20g fresh ginger crushed
40g red curry paste
15g curry leaves
20g Garam masala
20g turmeric powder
20g chili powder
15g coriander fresh
1 fresh lemon squeeze
10g crushed black pepper
Pinch of salt
Pinch of white pepper
40ml coconut cream
400g of rice, cook
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes, marinade it with the squeeze of lemon, half of the olive oil, and crushed black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the remaining olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and allow cooking to a light brown colour.
- Add the spices and allow cooking for about 10 to 15 minutes to release the curry flavours in a low heat.
- Add the red curry paste.
- Mix in the chicken and allow to cook, adjusting the consistency of the curry with small quantities of water as the curry thickens.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the peeled prawns and finish the dish with coconut cream to give it a thick, creamy consistency.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander leaves and prawn.