With seasons changing, a good bowl of pasta always hits the spot on the chilly days. Zambian food stylist Clara Kapelembe Bwali (29) shares her recipe for comfort in a bowl with her seasonal mushroom and chicken pasta.
If you are looking for something quick, comforting, and tasty, make Bwali’s seasonal mushroom pasta.
3 cups orange seasonal mushrooms (other mushrooms available in local supermarkets can work just as well)
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon dry mint
4 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons chicken spice
2 cups grated tomato
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup red onion
2 cups pasta
250 grams green beans
1 tablespoon margarine/butter
For mushroom chicken:
- Season chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper then fry until golden brown.
- In the same pan fry onion and mushroom.
- Add garlic and chicken spice.
- Pour tomato and tomato paste into the mushroom mixture.
- Once mixture thickens add drumsticks, dried mint, and heavy cream.
- Simmer down in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- In a clean pan add butter or margarine add greens season with salt and pepper and sauté each side for 3 minutes.
- To plate: Add cooked pasta topped with mushroom chicken, side of beans and enjoy.