So, what do you do when your kids strike gold at this year’s Easter egg hunt? Let them go wild and munch them all?
“Nope,” says Durban-born home cook Shaistah Khan. “Let them eat toast.” An Easter marshmallow egg-stuffed French toast, of course.
Khan makes the quirky and fun recipe with speckled eggs as a garnish!
Easter egg stuffed French toast:
3 eggs, whisked
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Ice cream and syrup (optional)
Bread of choice
Butter for frying
- In a bowl add in your whisked eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and cream. Mix well.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan on medium high heat. Make sure the butter does not burn.
- Slice your bread, dip into egg mixture, do not allow it to get too soggy.
- Place egg bread into the pan 2 slices at a time. Toast the one side until golden then flip.
- Add your Easter eggs on top of one slice. Top with the other slice of toasted bread. Allow Easter eggs to start melting.
- Remove from pan, add speckled eggs and any other garnish of choice. Dig in and enjoy!