“Give me a little cream and pasta any day,” says Wish on Florida restaurant head chef Gugu Wanda, who shares the recipe for her creamy fresh pasta, a favourite dish of her patrons.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy dinner packed with flavor, this recipe is a winner. Her creamy ocean fresh pasta is designed to serve 3, but the quantities can be adjusted to your liking to increase the number of portions.
- 6 king prawns
- 6 mussels
- 120g calamari tubes
- 4 squid heads (for garnish)
Choice of pasta: 250 g of Tagliatelle or Penne
For Creamy Tomato Base:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 whole onion
- Fresh rosemary and thyme
- 150ml cream
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 10ml of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
The tomato base:
- Finely chop the onion and tomatoes.
- In a saucepan, sauté onion and the fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Add the tomatoes. Allow to simmer till cooked, then add a tablespoon of tomato paste and mix in well. Leave on the side, off heat.
- Boil 500ml of water in a pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- When boiling, add the pasta of your choice.
- Allow to cook for 8 minutes till al dente. If you like your pasta softer, cook till desired texture.
- Once cooked, strain it under cold running water (this stops the cooking effect). Put aside.
- In a saucepan, sauté freshly chopped onions, a tablespoon of garlic and add your seafood.
- Add the lemon zest and the lemon juice, add 1½ serving spoon to the seafood.
- Next, add your precooked pasta.
- Add your cream and allow to simmer till desired thickness. Serve and enjoy!