Boitumelo ‘Tumi M’ Maphothoma cooks to escape the hustle and bustle of every day. This young foodie from Nelspruit in Mpumalanga is a psychology and international relations graduate, and while cooking may not be her full time job, it definitely helps her escape the rush of daily life, and she plans to expand her brand. She loves spicy food and she’s prepared a Mzansi favourite: Spicy Garlic Chicken Feet with a zesty twist.
· 15 – 20 fresh chicken feet
· 2 chicken stock cubes
· 1 tbs crushed garlic
· 1 tbs chili flakes
· 2 tbs bbq spice
· Roughly chopped parsley
· 1 red onion cut into cubes
· 1 green pepper cut into cubes
· 1 yellow pepper cut into cubes
· 1 tbs smoked paprika
· 1 tsp ground black pepper
· 4 cups boiling water
*Note: The amount of chicken feet depend on how many people you’re cooking for.
1. Place all your ingredients into a deep pot.
2. Add water and cover the pot with a lid.
3. Cook on medium heat for 30-38 minutes depending on how soft or crunchy you like your chicken feet.
4. Serve the dish as a snack or with pap and cabbage.