Methoa Zitha may not be a qualified chef yet, but he is already rubbing shoulders with one of Mzansi’s award-winning culinarians, David Higgs. His love for cooking started when he was only 13 years old. He remembers spending hours in the kitchen cooking with his mother, Beauty Mabasa.
This young foodie is also an avid cyclist who’s completed the Absa Cape Epic and the Imana Wild Ride. Zitha will be bagging a culinary qualification in the near future and he plans on opening his own Italian restaurant one day. Showing off his kitchen skills, Zitha’s prepared a delicious lamb potjie recipe.
- 1kg lamb (on the bone),
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 chunky potatoes,
- 2 carrots
- 350g baby marrows and green beans
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic
- Black pepper
- 400 grams of whole canned tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cover the base of the pot with oil and heat the oil.
- Add the onions to the pot when the oil is heated. Sauté the onions until brown.
- For flavour, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and let them cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for approximately 2 hours on low heat. Enjoy with rice!